This is just for fun. I don't wish to put my friend's in bad light but I'd just like to point out their ridiculous, funny, thought-provoking and spine-tingling status. Oh yes, spine-tingling because it gives you goosebumps, in an embarrassing kind of way. Confused? Let's go figure in a few.
I'd been observing how and what my friends in Facebook post in their walls. At some point, I have to hide them on my News Feed for the following reasons:
- Rants. I think they eat rants for breakfast. You get what I mean?
- Grammatically challenged statuses. I'm not perfect in English, but I know basic. If you can't express in English, you can always use the vernacular, or ask professional help.
- Paragraph statuses. 'Nuff said.
- Brags. I'm ok with once in a while brags. I'm guilty of bragging sometimes. But putting your accomplishments every week is just painful.
- Emoticons. :(
- Face pictures. Oh c'mon, 5 sets? Everyday? On your wall?
- Past co-workers I don't want to get affiliated with. I just have a few of them, so it's no biggie actually.
- ALL CAPS.
Those were just some of the reasons I mute people in Facebook. In my view, it's better muting them than hitting the "unfriend" button. I only do this if the person is not worth having a connection with, a bad experience not worthy of cultivating friendship, and tagging me non-stop to a food-cart business opportunity, or tagging me on a picture where I perfectly look like a meerkat.
Now let's see who's posting some
shit statuses in my FB:
This is a friend who works in a ship cruise harboring mostly in South America and Europe. She mostly updates her wall in the evening, averaging to 12-15 posts per night. I basically know her story. She's an open book, er, or should I say, open Facebook. Despite of it all, I love her being candid. She hates English. I tried influencing her to write a blog to practice. She refused.
So what watawat. Seriously, I don't get Tumblr. Ang panget ng Tumblr.
In fairness, this made me laugh. I don't mind seeing your statuses every millisecond.
I have friends in the US, India, Argentina, South Africa and Canada. Now I understand how they feel if I post something in Filipino.
All caps, check. Plenty exclamation marks, check. Emo, check. More letter 'O', check. Loser? Yeah, loser. 'Nuff said.
This person should know that Blogspot and Wordpress have already been invented. She doesn't know that I'm laughing at her too, as I imagine how painstakingly she types this status in her FB.
To be continued...